Saturday, July 10, 2010

My first post...

Well as I've already said--this is my first blog, and I hope that it will be the first of many more to follow. I think I have much to share(or give), and I want to give. One of my desires or dreams is to inspire and spread hope to the world around me. I would encourage everyone to dream more and be optimistic about life. A quote I've heard and liked recently is, "I am the master of my fate, and the captain of my soul." Sure, there's the potential of being disappointed when we hope--but without a dream, we're sure to not be as happy as we could be. I would love to travel the world--and I will. I would love to write books--and I will. I love love love hope and dreams, and I'm sure to talk more about that later. For now, I'm gonna change gears...

Wow!! So, as of today I am exactly two weeks away from becoming a married man! I am embarking onto a journey that I've never taken before, a life-long journey may I add. I've been asked the question quite a few times lately--"are you getting nervous?" I believe my answer to be "no". I'm excited about this new chapter, with who I know to be my life-partner. The woman that God has brought to me is a beautiful and bright one, and I am happy to have chosen her. There's no other like her--to me and for me at least. We live by many of the same values and have a lot of the same dreams for the future. I look forward to our life together...

Men especially, but not excluding women all probably want to know--"do I have what it takes?" The past few months have been an interesting season for me. Good, I should add! With being engaged to be married, thoughts about finances--and desiring to be an excellent provider for my wife-to-be, as well as our future children. Another quote I've recently learned--"to get comfortable, we must first get uncomfortable". Like anyone else, I desire deeper connection with friends, family and my spouse-to-be, but the vulnerability and intimacy that it involves isn't always fun--when it's a fairly new experience, and kinda scary. I've picked up a popular book entitled "Wild At Heart" and I encourage everyone to read it. The main message to me--is that we all have what it takes and we can live a full and courageous life, if we so choose...

Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul