Thursday, September 16, 2010

Necessary changes...

   Albert Einstein once said--"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".  Yet, how many of us have heard--even spoken that quote, and still haven't really made it our goal to make the necessary changes to create for ourselves the results we desire?  I've heard it said--and I think it originates from Life Coaches and Financial Advisers--that we should look far into the future, imagine the life we want to be living or the legacy we want to leave, and then work backwards to plan our life accordingly.  That makes perfect sense--and without a target in mind, we're sure to never reach it or hit it!!

  

  It's really easy to spend most of our days merely "living life"--aka sleeping, going to work, eating, paying the bills, maybe watching a movie, going to bed, and then doing it all over again the next day all while barely getting by.  Here's a perfect visual of what that looks like...



  Wait, though!! :)  We deserve more than that, and we're capable of having and doing so much more!  But, we have to do something different.  I have to do something different.  You have to do something different.  In order that you and I can have something different.  Are you willing?  I know that I am!!  According to Eleanor Roosevelt--"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."  I personally believe that's where it all begins--having a dream or dreams and making the needed changes to create our future.  In the words of Les Brown, "If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams."  So, let's take responsibility for ourselves and create the life we desire. 

  I dream of getting off that wheel, living out all my dreams, and creating a better life for my family, friends and the world around me--and I will.  I'm not a survivor, but rather one that thrives!!  :)  How about you?  I'm deciding to make some changes--as small as some of those changes might seem--like canceling my $30 a month wireless texting plan just for example.  In the famous words of the Author of The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness, Dave Ramsey--"Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else!"  For me it's not merely for the sake of cutting back, but for the sake of getting ahead and staying ahead!!  So, it's my plan and my ambition to cut back financially, be able to pay all my bills--on time, and have more free money to work with to start making investments into mine and my family's future.  Who's with me!!?


  For your reading pleasure and a small investment into your financial future...

Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom